Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Day 8

Today was the first cruise ship arrival of the season, for those of you that know me I absolutely love cruise ships and of course the tourists they bring to the Island. It was a gorgeous spring day and I went for a long walk on my lunch break. There were tourists everywhere with their maps and cameras taking in everything the beautiful city has to offer.

Last week I had read an idea for a RAOK and it said “Help lost people - See tourists wandering around lost? Help them out. Be their new local friend. Someone did this for us once and we were so, so thankful.”

So that is exactly what I did, I talked to several tourists while walking around the city and asked them where they were from and what they had the opportunity to see so far that day. I also told them about my favourite spots in Charlottetown and gave them directions to the places they wanted to see next. 

Cruise ships usually only stop for a day so they don’t have much time to take in all the sights. Every little bit of help from an Islander is appreciated as we know all the hot spots. I met some really kind people and was grateful to be able to help them out on their visit to Prince Edward Island :)

On my way home from work I also took the time to stand and listen to a busker playing guitar and singing. After the song I put $5 in his case. I am always on the go and rarely stop to listen to their talents, I think most people do the same so I am sure he appreciated an audience for a full song :)


No comments:

Post a Comment