Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Day 21

I received the sweetest text message this morning from my adorable 6 year old nephew Ryder.  He usually sends me photos, emoticons, and videos but today he texted me “I love you”. It made my heart melt - he is such a darling boy.



Today I gave bottles of water to two mailmen. They seemed quite pleased to have a refreshing drink.  I know they walk around for hours each day delivering the mail and I rarely see them carrying water or stopping for a little rest.

After work today I left three of my favourite books on benches around the city. I put a note on the inside telling them to “enjoy the great read”. I probably should have put a sticky note on the outside covers as people may just think that someone forgot the books on the benches and just leave them there. I hope those who take the books enjoy them as much as I did.  I also hope after they read them that they give them away to someone else to enjoy, instead of letting them collect dust on a bookshelf.


Update: When I went back the next morning two of the three books were gone. The third one I dropped off to the library before it started to rain :)

No comments:

Post a Comment