Monday, May 13, 2013

Day 13

Day 13 already - usually 13 is unlucky but for 8 people it is a good luck day :) I decided today to essentially let the wind whisk away my money and bring it to someone who may need it more than I do. I took 3 five dollar bills and marked them with a “Cheers to You” stamp so they would be identifiable. I then walked around Charlottetown, crumpled each of them up a bit and let them go…


It was the most exhilarating feeling as I am not one to just throw money away, but knowing how much fun it would be to be walking along the road and all of a sudden you come across a $5 dollar bill floating along in the wind – it would make my day. That’s a starbucks latte for someone, or a parking ticket fine, or just $5 to go towards their lunch etc..

I have never found random bills while walking along the street before but I get excited if I find a quarter on the ground – it is very good luck you know ;) So on my way home I decided to drop five loonies at random locations around the city. If finding a penny is good luck I can only imagine how lucky finding a loonie would be.  

The best part about today’s RAOK is I can envision in my mind what the people’s faces look like when they find the money. Thinking about it all afternoon and wondering if someone already found the money made me happy. In retrospect I should have splurged and dropped a $20 or a $50 – now wouldn’t that really have made someone’s day a little bit brighter!

I know some of you reading this will think I am crazy "throwing away" $20 dollars today, but until you experience it yourself you will never understand how truly amazing it feels.



No comments:

Post a Comment