Sunday, May 26, 2013

Day 26

I have been receiving so many kind emails, texts and tweets the past few days about my 31 days of kindness. It means so much to me that people are reading my blog and are incorporating kindness as part of their day as well. One friend said she gave money to a young girl holding a sign, she said she never did that before and that I inspired her to do it. Another friend said she is planning on doing some kindness acts with her children, and another friend has started capturing his kindness through his blog. Kindness is so contagious, if my small acts can inspire others, just imagine how amazing the world would be if everyone put kindness first.


This afternoon when I was at the mall I decided to fill the gumball and toy/sticker machines with loonies and quarters so that when a child comes along they will get a free surprise, or if they happen to look at the other machines they may just get lots of surprises :) I know when I was little I was always fascinated with the candy machines so I hope I make some children happy.

Now I know pay phones are nearly extinct but I thought I would add a quarter to each change return, just in case. That way someone will come along and get a free phone call, or 3 calls if they look in all three phones.  

Before leaving,  I wrapped a toonie in a coloured note that said “Here’s a water on me for RAOK :)” and put it in the change return. That way they will know it was meant for them, not just someone forgetting their change in the machine. 

Very small acts of kindness today, but every little bit helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment