Friday, May 3, 2013

Day 3

Today was my birthday and I celebrated with cupcakes and @davidstea :) The kindness of all my friends and family really made my day with all their phone calls, texts and facebook/twitter/google+ messages.

So in the afternoon between meetings I went to the flower shop and picked up 5 pink long stem roses. I couldn't compete with those giving out tulips earlier that week for tulip festival but I tried :) On my walk to my next meeting I looked for 5 different women that had stress on their face. I waited at crosswalks and examined the looks on faces, the ones that didn't have a glimmer in their eye and appeared very focussed on their thoughts.  

Those were the ones that I gave the flowers to and told them randomly I hoped the flower would brighten their day. Each time their faces instantly lit up and they seemed to forget their busy day for a split second, almost a bit awkward and embarrassed that this complete stranger was giving them a flower for no reason at all. Those unsuspecting, surprised, and grateful faces made my day  and I couldn't stop smiling :)



No comments:

Post a Comment