Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Day 14

Today you could cut the tension in the air with a knife. Some of my colleagues seemed to be having a very difficult morning with work pressures and deadlines - the dark dreary rain clouds were not helping matters either. Today I decided my random act of kindness would be for my colleagues.


I never bring junk food to the office (except cupcakes but they don’t count), so today I picked up some timbits and donuts to try to brighten up the atmosphere. I made the mistake of putting a big note on the boxes that said “To my amazing coworkers – thank you!”

An hour went buy and no one took any…I couldn’t figure it out….it turns out my colleagues didn’t realize I was meaning them as technically "my team" is just my Manager and I that do Organizational Health and Ethics. And my Manager was not taking any as she thought it was for my “co-workers” so I added "amazing manager" to my note. Then my Director General dropped by a bit later and read the note, he didn’t take a timbit either…until I added DG to the list and then I also added “ and everyone” :)

Finally the floodgates opened and all the treats were gone in an hour. Next time no cryptic notes, just lots and lots of treats :)

I think the sugar helped cheer everyone up (or at least my note got some laughs) the day turned around and the sunshine even came out for a few minutes ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment