Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Day 7

Today I saw my neighbour Frank in the elevator. I'm always very friendly to Frank and help him out whenever I can, by taking out his garbage, holding doors open for him and just taking the time to get to know him. I was on my lunch break and had to get back to work but decided today I would take the extra time to hold all 3 sets of doors for him and walk with him to his taxi.

Frank can only walk about a footprint every 10 seconds but he is very independent so I never give the impression that I am helping him, just being there for him if he needs me. He walks very slowly, so I spent about 10 minutes with him just to walk from the elevator to the taxi, about 30 feet. I just held the doors for him and talked to him until he reached his taxi, giving him my time more than anything rather than making him feel like he had to rush. 

He is such a sweet man, I will continue to make every effort I can for him and just be the best neighbour possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment