Saturday, May 4, 2013

Day 4

What a beautiful warm day and I had brunch with friends before my flight left. I was at the airport and was looking for an opportunity for random kindness. Those kinds of things are not always easy to spot when you are looking for them, they usually just happen naturally. I paid for a woman’s booster juice just in case I didn’t find something else “kind” to do today, she seemed very happy.

I sat next to this massive body builder on the flight and I could just tell how uncomfortable he was crammed in between me and the window seat. He was trying to eat his snack (a container full of skinless boneless chicken) and was having great difficulty maneuvering. So as much as I dislike the window seat I offered to switch seats with him so he could spread out a bit and have his supper. He seemed very happy and said that he was dying to ask me to switch but didn’t want to impose. Glad my little gesture made him happy.

Last tiny bits of kindness for the day, I helped a man take his suitcase off the belt at the airport and let a group of people ahead of me in the lineup for a cab.

Overall not big gestures of kindness today, but all the little things add up :)


No comments:

Post a Comment