Friday, May 10, 2013

Day 10

Today on my way home from work I saw out of the corner of my eye a lady trying to open a door with several boxes in her hand. I was walking fairly quickly but stopped to help. I am so glad I did, as I was able to open the door for her without her dropping the boxes and I took  two of them from her and helped carry them to her car. She was so grateful, she said she should have made two trips but was in a rush and thought she could carry them all herself even though they were heavy and breakable.

I am happy to be able to help someone randomly like that; this blog has made me consciously look for ways of helping others in very small ways. I know after this month is over I will be in the mindset to keep doing something for someone each day, or at least watch for small opportunities like today - to lend a helping hand.

It is strange but I know small gestures help others, but I think the feeling I get from doing random kindness acts makes me feel even better than they do. It is an overwhelming heartfelt feeling when you see the look of gratitude in their eyes. The feeling I get from that look on their faces is my favourite part of this challenge so far...


No comments:

Post a Comment