Monday, May 20, 2013

Day 20

This morning I received the most beautiful text from an amazing friend, wishing me a happy Victoria Day and telling me how much she appreciates my friendship, that I am a blessing in her life and thanking me for my love. Good morning texts are my favourite, she certainly made me feel special - I am so grateful to have her as my friend.

I decided today I am going to get my little dog certified as a therapy dog, I think he would be perfect for it as he adores people and has so much love to give. Since he is 11 (77 in dog years, but acts like a puppy) I know he would relate well with the seniors in every way. Can’t wait, Deuce and I are going to have so much fun visiting the seniors' homes and hospitals spreading kindness.


Tonight I went to the Laundromat as I decided I would load some of the washers and dryers with loonies and toonies so that when someone goes to do their laundry it will be free for them.  I ended up going to a “restricted area” not realizing as I had never been there before, and the lady said this is for staff only. She said what are you doing and I replied “a random act of kindness”. She looked at me like I had two heads but never questioned what I was up to. I left after filling lots of machines, hoping that the people would be happy when they realized their laundry would be free that evening.

I noticed today that people are starting to take the tear-offs from my signs that I distributed around the city on Saturday. I took a picture of one of the “take what you need” signs as it really touched my heart - seeing that the only one remaining was “beauty”. It just goes to show that people really treasure the inner qualities most: love, hope, patience, courage, understanding, peace, passion, healing, strength and freedom. 


No comments:

Post a Comment