Sunday, May 19, 2013

Day 19

Today was a mixture of very small amounts of kindness. I had 6 months of Oxygen and Women’s Health magazines piling up so rather than recycling them I decided to take them down to the common area in my apartment lobby. That way others can get a chance to read my favourite magazines too.

Tonight I went to my parents’ house and after supper we saw a beautiful three legged fox in the yard. I know you are not supposed to feel wild animals but I really bonded with this little fella and realized it would be much harder for him to find food limping around on 3 skinny legs. So we decided to feed him the leftover salmon and haddock and he ate every bite. It felt good to be able to help the fox, at least for one night he wouldn't have to use all his energy hunting and could go to sleep with a full stomach.


Later that evening I helped my sister in-law clean the inside of her jeep. With two little boys her jeep was full of toys, clothes and garbage, so she was grateful to have my help.



No comments:

Post a Comment